Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The rules of blogging

I keep having to remind myself that I don't actually have to have anything interesting to say before I post to the blog. So here you go.

I love spa day. Though I must say, going from spa day to Halo was trippy. I hit this point where adrenaline was trying to get me good and twitchy, but the lingering lassitude of massages and mimosas and cucumbers-on-my-eyelids just wasn't letting it through, and it was a lot like being drugged, which I found deeply funny in that way that drugged/drunk people often do. Suzuri seemed to recover better than I did, and killed me quite handily on several occasions.

Sunday we were supposed to go help Superman & Sunshine with a bathroom project, but that got cancelled. So instead we tackled one of our dead bodies: we pulled down the drop ceiling in the hallway and scraped off the popcorn texture on the drywall behind it. We still need to do some patching and painting, so that'll probably happen this upcoming weekend. I'm trying to decide whether or not the hallway should be a color. Right now our main floor is pretty evenly divided: the living room, kitchen, and addition are shades of white/neutral, while our bathroom, bedroom and office are fairly bold colors (light and plum purple, gray/burgundy, and sage green respectively. Who says there should be a color flow between rooms? Hah!). So does the hall stay in the white camp or join the colorful group of the rooms that branch off of it? We also realized that once we paint the hall, with the exception of the insides of closets, we will have painted every wall in our house.

Did you all see that Stephen Fry is now starting to do podcasts? His first one is about how he severely broke his arm while deep in the jungles of Brazil (and manages to be embarrassed about it).

7 comments:

DiploWhat said...

I vote for color, but not a dark one otherwise it'll look like you're entering the tunel to the cave or something.

And, what place did you get a massage? We are still trying to find a good one there, but so many of them don't do a couples type thing (in the same room) and, I think that's part of the point. But, a mimosa might change my mind...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

If you want, you could do a strong neutral. I LOVE the Sherwin-Williams "Buckram Binding" we did for the upstairs hallway. Light enough to be non-tunnel-y, enough color to have a presence in a very neutral tone. *shrug* Maybe something along those lines will float your boat.

Kashka said...

Why, oh, why are you not even considering wallpaper? ;)

The Sexy Blonde said...

The massage she got was from Puck the day before. Pusher was actually giving massages at my place -- a la "Spa Day." We try to get together once in a while, get/give back/hand massage, drink mimosas, eat cucumber sandwiches, do a mud mask, wear our bathrobes and lounge around for a few hours. So unless you want to talk Pusher and Puck into giving side by side massage, you'll have to keep looking ;-)

Syl said...

We still have a gallon or two of obnoxious pink paint ;) I'm with Ms. Huis on the strong neutral. It would be a good transition. Maybe a brown/grey, so the grey tones of the bathroom and bedroom blend with the brown/beige tones of the rest of the house.

Allknowingjen said...

I also vote for color- and I am a big fan of the machine at the hardware store that tells you what colors compliment each other. I'd be lost without that thing. I agree you want something lighter to avoid the tunnel effect- maybe something a tone lighter than the office? Generally you want to use warm colors if you don't have a lot of natural light in a room, but since all of your other colors are in cool tones, you should stick with that.

Happy Veggie said...

Color, but lighter for the sake of the cave thing mentioned above.