Saturday, August 9, 2008

World's Biggest Dumbass

So last night we're driving up north, and Puck realizes he didn't bring the bow saw he was going to use to cut a stump out from the lake where my folks dock their boat. So we stop at Fleet Farm in Brainerd. I go to get out of the car, and ... I don't have my purse. Sonofabeep. No money, no credit cards, no i.d.

Then we get up to the trailer, and I eventually realize that (you're not even going to believe this) I also don't have my whole fucking suitcase.

Yeah. I don't even know quite how I managed that little bit of brilliance, but there it is. No purse, no money, no CLOTHES. For a week. So ... I'm back home at the moment. Waiting for my e-mail program to cooperate and open up so I can send myself my resume to work on this week 'cuz Friday I found out about an opening I want to pursue (wish me luck!). I don't think I'll be mentioning this little incident at the interview if I get one...

Anyone got a spare brain? Mine is apparently useless.

4 comments:

Jaysan said...

You can borrow mine anytime you want!

The Sexy Blonde said...

Yikes! I hope the rest of your WoS goes perfectly. And best of luck on the potential new position!!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Hey, for about a week or 10 days before any trip, I have to keep a list on the frig of what to do (hold mail, etc.), what to pack, and what specific things need to be in the car because otherwise that could SO happen to me.

Then I take the paper along so I can tell myself things like, "Yes, I did check to make sure the stove was off; look, I've got it checked off my list."

...ok, that sounds a bit anal and pathetic written out, but hey, I KNOW my stove wasn't accidentally left on while we're gone!

The Wog said...

Did solitude mean "without anything?" Nekkid!