Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Recipe

Oh hey, The Sexy Blonde's latest post just reminded me, I was going to send out this recipe for those of you who came to the last spa day and asked.

Cream cheese mints
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp. mint extract
3 drops food coloring
2-1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, mint and food coloring; gradually add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Pipe out mints (I used a large cake decorating tip — a cookie press would work too) onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper sprinkled with granulated sugar. Sprinkle more sugar over the top, chill for at least 2 hours.

6 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Thanks for posting this- after reading her post I was gonna ask about it even though I wasn't there! It sounds like an unusual combo, but if you all loved it, I am pretty sure I would too.

Pusher said...

AKJ, it does sound like a weird mix. But honestly, the cream cheese is just there to give some form of finger-food cohesion to the vast amounts of sugar. It's a minty version of licking frosting off the beaters.

Allknowingjen said...

This part?
"It's a minty version of licking frosting off the beaters."
Sounds like poetry to me. And yum!

Anonymous said...

No, no, I have to disagree. The cream cheese makes the frosting on the beaters cream cheese frosting. The best frosting eva.

Anonymous said...

Sorry - that last post was me. The enter and shift key are so close to each other some days!

Happy Veggie said...

Mmm.. Sounds good, and like you could make all kinds of different kinds of cream cheese candy things. And way easier than potato candy mints.