Thursday, August 9, 2007

Valleyfair

So every year my place of employment rents Valleyfair for a day after the season is over, and employees get to go free. Whee! It's pretty awesome, because even though it's a big company, it's not as big as Valleyfair, so there are hardly any lines for anything and you can just ride the roller coasters til you're ready to puke. (With no lines, it only takes a couple hours.)

While only immediate family members get in free, we can purchase additional tickets at reduced rates. Kids' tickets (3 years or older and less than 4 feet tall) are still $11.95, but adults can get in for $15.50 instead of $35.95. Kids under 3 are free.

So this year's Valleyfair day is Sunday, September 23. If anyone would like to join us for discounted prices and almost no lines, let me know.

Small Type: The waterpark section is closed, and admission doesn't cover the stuff you normally have to pay extra for. Also, I can only buy additional tickets at the park the day of, so we would all have to get there at the same time. Offer valid only to actual friends of the Cheese Pusher, not to the blogosphere at large.

5 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, as an actual friend of Cheese Pusher, I think it sounds like great fun... and a great way to spend our 7th (7th!) anniversary. However, I don't think there are plans to run out to the TC then, so count us out. Ride a a roller coaster for me, huh?

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get sick this year and I'll finally be able to join you ;-)

Kashka said...

Do latchkey children count as "immediate family"? I rather hope to have moved from the "non-job-haver" to "job-haver" list by then, so I'm going to have to be tentative until I know what weekends I'm obligated to The Man.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sweet offer. I may just take you up on that. I'm assuming that regular, near-weekly visits to your house qualifies as friend. :)

Pusher said...

Ms. Huis Herself, for you? I'll even ride two. :-)

Sexy Blonde: *crosses fingers*

Temp: Unfortunately, I don't think they would accept "latchkey child" as immediate family. Hope you can make it anyway!

Nonick, you count as a friend even without the near-weekly trips to my house.