Monday, May 10, 2010

May in March, March in May, wth is going on around here?

Actually, I have really appreciated the long, cool spring. But it's mid-May now. Time to start warming up a little so I can put my tomatoes in the ground.

Those would be the tomatoes I bought at plant sale, which was as fun as ever, even though it was really chilly and I did (accidentally) try to ditch No-Nick on the way there. I behaved myself quite well this year. I didn't even buy the contorted-needle pine that I fell madly in love with at first sight. (I briefly considered selling my house and moving somewhere that I'd have room for it. It was that awesome.) What is it with me and plants that look diseased? Veggie was equally strong in the willpower department, and we both managed to escape within budget, or near enough as makes no difference.

This was the second weekend in a row at the Arboretum for me, as Puck and I went down with my folks to be blown away by the crabapples in full bloom (pretty impressive tulips in the annual garden too). Also getting some work done in the yard, though, as always, the more I get done the more I see that needs doing. Which reminds me, must take the annual picture of Mixologist's bleeding heart!

No comments: