Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer is here!

Yesterday I ate my first tomato out of the garden. (Hooray for Early Girls!)

The first tomato of the year. It's almost a religious experience.

Up to the lake with my parents this weekend, where there will be the first BLT of the year made with homegrown tomatoes.

I find it painfully appropriate that one of the songs in Guitar Hero is "Life Wasted".

Girls' Weekend in just two weeks! I had such good intentions about getting some miles on the bicycle before that arrived....

How much longer will I be able to convince myself that Quaker Oatmeal to Go is anything other than a giant frosted oatmeal cookie?

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Your tomatoes are the reason Mr. Kluges now likes tomatoes. Next year we will have a garden in which we can plant many, many tomatoes!

DiploWhat said...

You might want to look into Quaker Oatmeal Express packages. They come in a handy plastic bowl and all you have to do is add water and nuke for 1 min. I keep mine - along with a spoon- at work and eat there.

Pusher said...

Diplowhat, I do have instant oatmeal packages at work. I like the eat-it-on-the-run convenience of the bars though. And while I don't feel guilty about most granola or cereal bars, the Quaker Oatmeal To Go bars really are more like a cookie than I can easily justify.