Monday, November 19, 2007

Random

Ms. Huis Herself says I should tell you 7 random things about myself. Obviously I won't be tagging because everyone who reads this and blogs has already been tagged.

1. I'm a little depressed that Weginald (the cheese star of Cheddarvision) is going to be sold today. I hope they put another cheese up. Occasionally clicking over and watching a cheese age is remarkably soothing.
2. Yesterday I spent so many hours working on my NaNo that I ended up word drunk. Everything looked odd and seemed silly. This is a fun state. (And I'm caught up to halfway through Wednesday!)
3. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the fact that Stephen Fry's blog is all about tech stuff, but I am very grateful to Jaysan for pointing me in its direction.
4. I've been talking about having people over and forcing them to watch Trigun with me since about 1999 or so. This still has not happened.
5. So far my random things have involved cheese, Stephen Fry, and anime. I am painfully predictable.
6. I have no idea what to buy the nieces, Bane, or Miasma for Christmas. Am debating between things I think are cool and things they will enjoy. Cannot think of anything that matches both criteria.
7. I would enjoy a nap.

5 comments:

Syl said...

Bought stacking cups for my nieces, 8 and 9, and they loved them and still play with them. Plus, they're sorta cool in a dork kinda way.

Anonymous said...

>***Suz's Jaw Drops***
>Suz:Well Why didn't you SAY so, Sweetie?
>***Suz begins cooking up the box that will allow her to show Trigun on a projector***

Happy Veggie said...

Cheese! On TV! Oh my!

How old are these munchkins? I have tons of ideas.

Pusher said...

See, the problem with the gifts is that three of the kids in question are girly, girly, girly, girls, who only want things that are (a) pink, (b) sparkly, and, in the case of the Chicago Two, (c) Disney Princess themed. So I'm dealing with the choice of getting them something loathesome or getting them something cool that they'll never play with. The second option is totally winning out.

Also, Suzuri, you are awesome. But it's really not a matter of not having the display/gathering space, it's a matter of not managing to get my butt in gear and set up a time that works for various people who have expressed interest.

Happy Veggie said...

Ok, avoid the Disney Princesses like they're diseased. Because that's what they make me.

What about real princess accesories? Like the cool dress up variety? Like they sell at Peapods in St. Paul? Like the big tall princess hat thing, or wand things. And while you're at it, throw in a sword. All good princesses should be able to save themselves and slay their own dragon.