Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I am a giant taking big giant steps

That? Is the best part of cross-country skiing. Especially for people with short stubby legs like me who ordinarily do not get to cover 8 feet with a single stride. Puck and I went out to Bunker Park Sunday and it was marvellous! It was super-pretty except the part that went by the road, but it's hard to find places in the metro where you can avoid that, and most of it succeeded in feeling open and woodsy. Besides, for most of it there were well-groomed ruts for me to fit my skis into, which is necessary for those of us who have trouble with that whole "keep your skis pointed the same direction" concept. (And Ms. Huis, you'll be happy to hear that I did take a tumble [with dramatically flailing limbs, and from a standstill no less], no outside assistance required. *grin*)

So yeah, I am very much hoping that January remains at least relatively temperate so we can go again after the holidays.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ah yes, the "I can't believe I fell down, and so dramatically too, while simply standing" fall. Glad to hear others are just as gracefully-challenged as I am!

Also, sounds wonderful and peaceful and snowy and grand. Jealous!

Allknowingjen said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I really should try out some of the trials around here.

Happy Veggie said...

I would so be willing to do that if someone wanted to do it with me. i would also need to rent equipment, but I miss skiing.