Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Turkey and dirt

I was reminded by a comment on Syl's blog by The Sexy Blonde about tryptophan and seratonin that I meant to post a link to this brief article, because I think it's cool. Basically, the University of Bristol found a bacteria in soil that triggers the brain's production of seratonin. Scientific validation that playing in the dirt makes us happy!

Of course, right now the soil is frozen solid under a foot of snow, but ... when is the next landscapalooza?

3 comments:

Syl said...

April. Sweet April. Wann that April ist shoores soote. Oh, to be in England, now that April is there.

DiploWhat said...

Maybe that is why I used to suck on rocks when I was little? No, I am not kidding.

Happy Veggie said...

I ate dirt. A lot. Part of growing up on the veggie farm I think. Maybe I was self medicating back then.