Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Here in my car / I feel safest of all

So I've switched from the car I got from Saff to the car I got from Big A. What the hell, I guess it's a step above the cars I got from my parents, right? I even paid for this one, though I should've paid more. Still, the bartering process was fairly hilarious.

On the test drive:
Me: So, how much do you want for it?
Him: Oh, I dunno. How about X? (X being ridiculously low number)
Me: How about X+.7X?
Him: ...You really suck at haggling.
Me: I know. Seriously, ask The Mixologist about that sometime. It should be an entertaining rant.

We split the difference at X+.35X, which is how haggling usually works, if in the reverse. He was sneaky though, and kept trying to convince me at later meetings that we'd settled on X after all.

So now I own a Dodge Neon, but I'll survive the shame. It's a manual, which is nice. I still love my Civic best though.

6 comments:

DiploWhat said...

Oh yeah, I can rant on that one. Last time I take you shopping! Though, I must say you did better on your second time around and actually DIDN'T pay asking price (unless I missed you sneeking him a "tip") for the swinging chair. Well, okay, it's not the last time I'll take you shopping assuming you actually come to visit us. But, then I can do it all in Chinese and you won't understand a thing. HA! Victory will be mine!

Happy Veggie said...

Its only shameful to own one if you put a large spoiler on the back. Otherwise, no shame in owning a point a to point b mode of transport. Unless of course its a Pacer. All kinds of shame there.

Allknowingjen said...

But what color is it? These are the important things....

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Hey, totally off topic, but did you get the GAW evite or did I use an incorrect/outdated email? Oh wait... you can use your new car to drive out there! Then we'll know what color it is! Ok, now it's on-topic. :)

Pusher said...

Diplowhat: I expect no less. :-)
Veggie: I agree with you, but ... Dodge. Home of those wretched ads where she's all, "The safety features in this massive SUV will keep our precious widdle baby safe" and he's all, "Hemi! He'll grow up to be a REAL MAN!" Ugh.
AKJ: You crack me up. I think it's called "cranberry". Sort of a purpley-red.
Ms. Huis: Are you STILL using my visi address? Throw it away! I'm at comcast dot net now. The first part is still the same.

Saff said...

I hope my car served you well. I am glad to read that you upgraded again!