Monday, May 5, 2008

Plant Sale List! Arbor!

We have an arbor! Many thanks to Jaysan for coming over Saturday and helping with all the lifting, ladder-climbing, and use of power tools. Now we just need to excavate and build the patio under it, but that's not going to happen for a while.

I also have less lawn! Thanks to Suzuri, too, for coming over Sunday and playing in the dirt with me. (By "playing in the dirt", I mean the rather grueling process of sod removal.) Other than the little triangle of grass I was too tuckered to tackle, I'm all ready to piss off the neighbors by growing ugly tomato vines right out in the front yard.

Tomatoes that I will purchase at Saturday's PLANT SALE! The plant list is finally, finally up here. (Link to pdf download) Who all is in for the plant sale this year?

Speaking of the plant sale, I might need a ride. Still haven't heard from the garage as to whether my car will be drivable or not, though they did tell me they haven't found any signs of another massive leak so it might just be burning oil, in which case I could limp it along for a while. *crosses fingers and tells Environmentalist Guilt to shut the hell up* But if not, Puck is going to take the Subaru to southern Wisconsin this weekend so I'll need some kind soul to cart me to the plant sale and cart back me and my dozen tomato plants.

In yet more gardening news, I'm irrationally happy to report that I have cherry blossoms! One of the twigs I planted last year popped out five tiny, delicate flowers yesterday. Yay.

6 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

In! Sprout's having surgery the day before, but its a super simple one, so we should both be there.
I can provide a ride, but little space to bring stuff home.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Sounds like a satisfyingly productive weekend! You go!

DiploWhat said...

Any bleeding heart in the yard this year? =)

Anonymous said...

Or, you know, I have this car...If I took all the bike stuff out of it it would be mostly empty... I could squeeze you in and, you know, a plant or two. or twelve. as long as each plant is, on average, 1/12th as large as the remaining available space. Then I'd have a way down as well.

My mom would also like to add that in the before-times, when Tomatos weren't considered fit to eat, they were grown ornamentally.

Kashka said...

Sorry to have to be missing the Plant Sale again this year. But, I can report that at least one of my purchases from the last time is alive and kicking (after I stopped Mom from weeding it out yesterday...)

Mr. Kluges said...

I wish I lived closer to you guys. I'd love to help dig in your dirt. Ah well. Maybe I can see you guys over the summer.