Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I should know better

Really, I should. I've been hanging around these interwebs long enough to know that comments areas are toxic wasteheaps that should be avoided at all costs. And yet, lured in by a couple glowing, happy, positive comments right up top, I went there.

So here's my rant for the day.

Dear Asshats:

The people of Fargo/Moorhead/surrounding areas have done and are doing a remarkable thing. The number of hours of backbreaking labor they've put in, the good spirits we've been marvelling at in the face of all this, the leadership, the astonishing volunteer response, these are all tremendous.

But every single one of you who took their accomplishment as an excuse to make snide, racist, classist, and hateful comments about the victims of Hurricane Katrina need to sit down and take a big dose of shut the fuck up. What do you keep in that void where your empathy and awareness of fellow human beings as fellow human beings should be? Never mind, I don't want to know.

1 comment:

Big Daddy, Esq. said...

You must have been reading comments on the Strib site. It's amazing what a cesspool that is.