Wednesday, October 14, 2009

...And talk about the weather

We had Christmas in October this past weekend with Puck's paternal grandparents, so the snow was entirely appropriate in my world. Besides, Monday I drove past one of those classic fall maple trees, all luminous in rose and yellow, and with the snow cover on top of that it was too ridiculously beautiful to be believed.

I wouldn't be so cheerful about the early snow and cold if I didn't believe we would still get an autumn. At least a week or two of sunshine and temps in the 50s to 60s. There's still time. The veggie garden looks appalling, since every time I've had the free time to pull it out, there's been precipitation of some sort. It's a little ode to death out there right now, which I suppose is seasonally appropriate if nothing else.

No comments: