Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mark your calendars

Inspired by my jealousy over The Sexy Blonde's amazing yard-to-be, with its vast south-facing, full-sun expanse, I toddled over to the Arboretum site. This year's plant sale is May 12-13, and the Plant List will be available in April. I plan on going first thing Saturday a.m. again. Who's with me?

I also plan on buying only eight tomato plants this year, but we all know how that will turn out.

Now that I have a full sun front yard and am no longer trapped by the paralysis of "will the tree stay or go?", I may need to invest in a plastic sled of my very own to drag my purchases around on!

11 comments:

Kashka said...

Put me down. Probably not a whole lot of purchasing on my end this year, so mi sled es su sled. Although, I reserve the right to go complete batshit with the ornamental grasses.

Jaysan said...

I am sure that we will need to fill the truck with the chlorophyll harboring thingys for the new place.

Syl said...

I'm in, Pants wants to rip out the death bushes and put in something else. But I have a wagon.

Allknowingjen said...

I want to be in by proxy. I can't go to the sale, but one of my resolutions this year is to turn at least part of my crappy yard into a nicer/not quite so crappy yard.

Kashka said...

You're in luck, AKJ -- be watching the Arboretum site for the list of plants and then mark it up for us. Be warned, however -- if something isn't there, we might improvise.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. We'll be there. Blank slate to be filled. Large, south facing, blank slate. Whee!

Pusher said...

Yay! Party at the Arboretum!

And yes, AKJ, just let us know what you want and we'll find it for you or get you what we think you should have instead. ;-)

DiploWhat said...

Home ownership?? Lawn?? What's that?

Happy Veggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Veggie said...

I can't type. I can't even think straight.

Depends on when the sprout arrives. If she's early, most likely, if she's on time, pretty sure, if she's late, someone grab a wheelbarrow and push me around.

If I cannot make it, I'm sure one of you nice people would be willing to pick up some stuff for me. Nice nice people.

Pusher said...

Veggie, by all means! More than happy to buy plants for you if you can't make it to the sale.

(Did I mention I'm glad you've joined the blogging?)