Thursday, June 7, 2007

Something new

Monday (probably) I start volunteering with We Can Ride. I had my volunteer training this past Tuesday, and I'm so very excited about it! We Can Ride does therapeutic horseback riding for developmentally/physically disabled people of all ages. It's an awesome program, it's really well organized, and (selfishly) it's a way for me to get my horse fix.

The only downfall so far is that I discovered Tuesday that after having been away from them for so long, I'm once again allergic to horses. Boo. But I'll just drug myself up a bit, and hopefully the allergy will go away again.

Speaking of allergies, I'm about ready to claim victory for the local honey folk remedy. Here it is June 7 and I haven't had a hint of a seasonal sniffle. Many thanks to the Sexy Blonde for procuring local honey for me.

6 comments:

Kashka said...

That's so awesome! Very proud of you. Hope it's a lot of fun and you can breathe.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ok, first I thought - doesn't that let "challenged" kids ride? And kids just aren't. Pusher's. thing. (Even though you did very well with Pumpkin when you visited us!!) But then I reread and saw it was for all ages and then it made a lot more sense.

Yay for you and volunteering and horses!

Syl said...

It's just really tiny kids, though, right? The rest are ok as long as they're not trailing you home?

Happy Veggie said...

That is so cool! Both the horsies and the honey. The local honey thing really rocks, and its tasty too.

Allknowingjen said...

What a great idea! I hope you really enjoy it!
what's the honey trick? Just eat it? how much? Will it work in the fall too?

DiploWhat said...

Do tell on the honey trick!
Great that you get to play with horsies again! Very jealous. See - we all need to move to New Zealand and implement my Grand Plan.