Tuesday, May 22, 2007

...the hell?

This morning I was driving behind a truck that featured three window clings. In the center was Jesus' face, wearing the crown of thorns, eyes downcast in sorrow and suffering. On both corners there were the trucker mudflap naked woman silhouettes. I'm pretty sure the message wasn't "Your objectification of women makes Jesus sad," so I have to wonder what the hell kind of thought process was behind that particular combination of images. "I like Jesus -- and titties!" I mean, what?

6 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

I laughed so hard I woke up the Sprout. Too bad you didn't have a camera to take a picture.

ShoNuff said...

I like Titties.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

You made me giggle out loud at the Starbuck's and the high schoolers at the table next to me looked at me funny. :)

Your objectification of women makes Jesus sad! *snort!*

WWJO?

(That's "Who Would Jesus Ogle?")

The Wog said...

I second shonuff's contribution, but you also need to keep in mind that Christ was (is?) a vampire. At least it's slightly more comprehensible than, say, the "pissing Calvin" window clings paired with Jesus.

sullenfish said...

I don't think that any of us are qualified to comment on this.

What we need is an impartial third party; more specifically, someone of the "BACK OFF" Yosemite Sam mudflap possessing variety.

That would actually cover both the mudflap/cling iconography and the religious aspects of the issue at hand. I mean, you can't spell Yosemite without Semite.

Syl said...

OMG you totally brought out of my PMS funk for a good 2 minutes at least!