Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Too close for comfort

Got a phone call from Mama B. today. Turns out their shed (which is only about 10 feet from the house) was struck by lightning during last night's storm. Knocked out the power and phone (back on now), took off the shingles on one corner of the shed. And here's where it gets impressive: the walls of the shed in that corner are bulged out. Also, the shed is on the north side of my parents' property. The neighbor to the south found shingles from the shed on the south side of his garage, a good 120 feet away. Since dad works nights, Mama B was home alone, which I gather was fairly freaksome because apparently lightning striking the shed ten feet from your house? Is really, really loud. She lit a candle and went to fetch the next-door neighbor. Other than the shed and maybe the TV, which isn't working yet, no harm done.

My dad's response? Typically deadpan, "[Mama B's first name], you've got to stop sinning."

5 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

OMG! I love your Dad's response! LOL!

Happy Veggie said...

I can't stop laughing at your dad's response. Poor Mama B. We thought the storm was bust where we were, guess it wasn't for her.

Syl said...

I guess that one was a warning. I am cracking up laughing!

Kashka said...

If she weren't a Saint, it would've gotten her.

Saff said...

ROFLMAO!!! Your Dad is so great. I will be laughing about that for awhile.