Wednesday, September 5, 2007

House envy

Wow.

Let me just say that again: WOW.

I got to see Ms. Huis Herself & Mr. Kluges' new house over the weekend. It's even cooler in person than in the pictures. Yes, there's a ton of work to be done pretty much everywhere, from the immediate cleaning and contractor-involved stuff that they've been blogging about to "someday" details like getting the paint off their gorgeous eight-inch-high baseboards upstairs. And I realize it's easy to say "Oh, the work is totally worth it" when you're not the one who will be doing/paying for said work. But still. The work is so totally worth it. It's not just a place to live, it's one of those places that has a feel, that engages your imagination and emotions. And what an amazing place for Pumpkin and Penguin to grow up.

Mr. Kluges was unfortunately at work, but Ms. Huis Herself treated me to a lovely picnic lunch on one of their porches after the tour and even sent me home with garlic-dill goat cheese curds. Yay.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Aw!

I'm totally going to come back and read this post when I'm bummin' about the hassle/cost/craziness of all the work we need to do (now or someday).

Thanks SO MUCH for fitting us into your weekend. It was a blast showing you around... and thanks for the help kid-wrangling, too. *grin* (I know all our friends just went, "Pusher? Kid-wrangling?")