Monday, September 10, 2007

Snip!

Since The Sexy Blonde was kind enough to let me know in advance when she cut her hair, I'm doing the same. I have an appointment Wednesday night at a place that serves free wine in the waiting room, and I suspect I'm going to need it.

Edit: Okay, apparently this is not enough information. It won't be short, it'll just be a lot shorter than it is now. Probably about a foot off the back, and there may be layers. Basically I'm looking for something that will let me take less wasteful showers, in terms of both water use and chemicals I'm dumping down the drain with my excessive conditioner habit. And being able to face a windy day without either a sturdy braid or 45 minutes spent untangling my hair will be nice too. I will miss it though, and I'm not promising that I won't just turn around and grow it right back out.

9 comments:

Kashka said...

While I'm sure it'll all be just grand, just remember what the Beauty Queen always said when we did bizarre stuff to our heads: "It grows back."

Happy Veggie said...

Like cut a lot?
And thanks for the warning, I like not having the temptation to scream obscenities in front of my daughter.

Allknowingjen said...

What's this now?!?!? I need more s'plaining!
(and Yay! Wine!)

Happy Veggie said...

Whew. I'm all for layers and not having that wind swept rats nest look. I can't wait. Are you venturing into highlights, or just changing the length?

Allknowingjen said...

Fab! I can't wait to see it- it's going to look so great! Long layers are a beautiful thing! :)

Allknowingjen said...

Oh crap- I am going to have to comment again- sorry! But I forgot to ask if you are going to donate it to Locks of Love? Most salons will do it for you-super easy. And you get a postcard.

Pusher said...

Veggie: I kind of like the wind-swept rat's nest look myself. :-) And no, I'm not doing highlights or any other coloring. Partly because once you start coloring your hair it's so damn hard to stop, but mostly just because my hair is what it is, and I'm cool with that.

AKJ: Yes, I do plan to donate it. That's part of what helped me commit to taking that much off right away.

DiploWhat said...

Rock on! I think this will be GREAT and you'll really love having less, even though it'll still be long.
My hair used to be as long as yours and look at me now! Though, for some reason, I always have long hair in my dreams. Go figure.
Saw a great hair product in the store the other day and thought of you...might have to bring it back with me.
And, what's wrong with habitually coloring one's hair? Hmm? Coloring your hair to match your outfit is perfectly legit!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Dang! How exciting/scary for you! Yay for the wine.

The first time I got my hair really cut, the hairdresser guy (Syl's Bryce? Br-something.) said that once he made the first cut, he could just see the tension go out of my shoulders. I guess then I realized that was it; I was committed.

Best of luck & you must post pictures! ('Cuz hair style verbal descriptions are just too hard for me to visualize.)