Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Liveblogging the MIMA Summit

...okay, not really. I'm at this Minnesota Interactive Marketing Ass'n summit today, and I brought Puck's computer because there's a project that absolutely cannot wait until tomorrow. (Thanks Puck!) I've been having nothing but problems, but at least the summit is reasonably interesting and lunch was good. (I think I've started to like squash. At least, I like squash curry and the squash ravioli I just ate. Pumpkin pie is apparently a gateway drug to the world of gourds. Or I'm just getting old.)

Killing time til the Project Manager figures out a way to get the piece I'm supposed to be proofing off the internal development site, because hey! I can't access that unless I'm in the office. Yes, I am rolling my eyes.

8 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Mmmmm... squash! I think butternut's the tastiest. I think I once posted a recipe for Butternut Squash Soup with Horseradish Cream on my blog... I think I'll have to transfer it over to Recipeeps because it's so very much a fall food.

Enjoy your conference!

DiploWhat said...

I've always wanted to try spaghetti squash. apparently, when you take a fork to it, it shreds up to look just like spaghetti and can make a great substitute.

My mom always made butternut squash with brown sugar and butter in the fall - but I don't remember actually eating it. =)

Happy Veggie said...

I like spaghetti squash, its tasty. I OD'd on the rest of it while growing up on the organic vegetable farm. I'm going to try it again though, since I got some to feed the sprout and there is no way she's gonna eat the whole butternut.

Allknowingjen said...

Guess what? I love butternut squash too! (but it's a recent development for me as well) And it's because of the butternut squash ravioli. Byerly's (& Lunds?) carries a frozen ravioli from the Sunrise Deli along with a frozen Sage Alfredo sauce that is to die for. Mmm- so yummy! (at my store it's in the frozen section just past the potatoes, across from the ice cream)

Allknowingjen said...

p.s. I wish you were liveblogging, that would be funny :)

Anonymous said...

Roll, Roll, Roll your Eyes/ Waiting for the text!/ Flip the page, curse the man,/ and move on to what's next!

*or*

Roll, Roll, Roll your Eyes/ Slowly through the text!/
Delete, Sugest - Capitolize!/ And move on to what's next!

(...So much better than songs about boats...)

Syl said...

I don't like squash.

The Wog said...

Squash? Pumpkin? Yuck! You -ARE- getting old! Oldy McOldOld!